Customizing Site Search
The following are two different options for placement of a Search Box form on your website.
Search box is placed on the right-hand side of the page using Customize this page.
Note: Edits made using "Customize this page" will affect all pages of the same content type. (E.g., An edit made to an Event page will affect all event pages on the site)
Image of search box on right side example
- 1.Navigate to any Basic Page on your website.
Customize this pageat the middle-bottom of the page
- 3.The page has been broken down into sections. Scroll down until you reach “Right Side”
Image of Basic Page Mini Panel Right Side
- 1.On the right-hand side, click the plus sign
- 2.A menu will appear. Select
Widgetsfrom the left-hand column
It should look like this:
Image of Search Form inside mini panel
- 1.To reposition the search form, use the anchor tool to click and drag to desired position (above or below existing widgets).
Saveat the middle-bottom of the page
Now the search box should appear on every Basic Page content type. To have the search box enabled on other content types such as News or Events, simply navigate to an event or news content page and repeat the steps above.
A link is added to the Main Menu Bar that takes the user to the Search page.
Structurefrom the Administration Menu Bar, then select
list linkslocated to the far right of the "Main Menu" item
- 3.At the top of the page, select
- 4.Input the following into the fields
- Menu Link Title: Search
- Path: search
saveat the bottom of the page
- 5.You will now find the "Search" lin at the bottom of the Menu Link List
Image of Drupal Main Menu links
- 1.Click and drag the anchor on the left of Search to position the Search menu link in the list
Save configurationat the bottom of the page
You will now have a link in your Main Menu Bar that leads to the Search page.
- 1.Navigate to the homepage. Select
Customize this page
- 2.You will see your homepage broken down into sections. Under the Right Side section, select the +
- 3.A menu will appear. Select
Saveat the bottom of the page
You have successfully added a Search Box to your homepage.