Comment on page
The Accessible Video feature allows content creators to add accessible videos to the website and display them in a Listing Page view and Featured Video Teaser List view.
Example of featured video display
- 1.Video must be uploaded to YouTube
- 2.Must have access to the accessible video content type (access can be requested through submitting a ticket to ccs and you will be notified once it is available)
- 3.OPTIONAL: Video Transcript file (VTT File Format). File must be less than 128 MB.
- 4.OPTIONAL: Description file. Use if you have a separate VTT file with descriptions for visually impaired users.
- 1.The video must be uploaded to YouTube
- 2.From the top administration menu bar, navigate to
Add content, then select
Example of accessible video title and video ID
- 1.Enter a Title
- 3.Upload your VTT transcript file under Transcript file
- If you have a separate VTT file with descriptions for visually impaired users, upload this file under Description file
- 4.In the Body Field, enter information about the video.
Example of the body field
- 1.If you have the proper authority to publish, select
publishedin "Publishing options"
You have now added an Accessible Video to your site.
Adding the Featured Video view pane to a homepage follows the same process as adding an event or news view pane. You can filter by category and customize how many videos show in the list.
The view pane is called: View: V1 - Listing page for multiple videos: Video teaser list
To do this, you would first need to create terms in the Video taxonomy category and select the
categorywhen you create a video.
To embed a video within a custom block or content type such as a basic page or event, you can use the embed code that is automatically generated by the UG Video feauture. The embed code will appear beneath a video once you've created it.
Example of video embed code
Example of video embed code page
Note: You will only be able to view the embed code if you are logged in and have editing privileges.